This is Susan. She’s friendly and very sick. I found her today and I believe she was possibly dumped at the side of the road by someone.
I am opening up donations to fund her recovery. She’s going to need expensive vet care. From examining her myself, she’s going to need cat flu medication, flea treatment, worm treatment and ear mite treatment.
All of which will add up to an expensive vet bill that I will struggle to cover myself. I am a student and I do not have family support and am surviving on allowance I get from the government which barely feeds me, covers my cat Henry’s food or pays the rent.
Any money you give will help Susan without leaving me hungry or my rent unpaid. NONE of the money I get will go into my pocket. Extra money that is unneeded in current treatment will go towards vaccinations and eventual neutering and microchipping for Susan. Any money past that will go to The Irish Blue Cross.
I will post progress photos after she comes back from the vet and until she is better.
Please reblog this and donate so I can help her as soon as possible.
Signal Boost for Susan.
Mozzarella does her best impression of a sausage.
I just love how after he asks if it’s a sausage, it looks down like “oh shit! I am a sausage :o”
"Are you a sausage?"
"*cats looks down and back up* yah"
I love it when cats open their mouths wide open and all that comes out is a small peep
but, bbygrl, why a tura satana appreciation day?
[tw : rape]
- she’s a total babe. duh.
- she’s japanese, filipino, cheyenne + irish.
- she was simultaneously a straight-a student in school while being viciously bullied for her heritage + size and punished by her parents for getting into fights. i mean, even without the straight a’s, she was strong and endured feeling isolated at home and at school.
- she’s a fellow rape survivor — “Walking home from school at the age of nine she was gang raped by five men. According to Satana, her attackers were never prosecuted and it was rumored that the judge had been paid off. She tells how this prompted her to learn the martial arts of aikido and karate and, over the next 15 years, track down each rapist and exact revenge. ’I made a vow to myself that I would someday, somehow get even with all of them’, she said years later. ‘They never knew who I was until I told them.’”
- she began living on her own at the age of 13, after her parents married her to a 17-year old and she wasn’t having that bullshit. i can’t even imagine what that was like.
- she was an extremely successful burlesque dancer, and even when she got pregnant at 19 she danced through the first eight months of her pregnancy! and yeah, she still made BANK.
- faster pussycat! kill! kill! — a cult classic john waters apparently calls the greatest movie ever made. i still haven’t seen it, but from what i’ve read it portrays the three female leads (tura satana is the LEAD lead) in positions or power that normally men are portrayed in, and that’s allll the way back in the 60’s. she did all her own stunts and fight scenes. the majority of satana’s styling and one-liners, and some additional key concepts of the film, were satana’s own doing.
- after being shot by a former lover and staying in a hospital, she decided to study nursing and she did just that. she even briefly worked as the dispatcher for the lapd.
tura satana passed away on 2/4/2011, but she’s still amazing and one of my inspirations as a woc, especially as a mixed-race asian rape survivor struggling to embrace my sexuality. <3 and that’s why i’m giving her her own day! just who she was makes me feel good about me.
all facts taken from tura satana’s wikipedia page
100,000 notes and I wonder how many people realise this line was improvised by a 7 year old
For those that don’t know, this is a show called Outnumbered. A British show where the child actors are only given guidelines not actual lines so they say whatever feels natural for them to say in the scene. I think only the oldest brother has actual lines. If I remember correctly this girl was the youngest person in the country to ever win a comedy award.
The Pirates Official Posters
What is this glorious looking glory.
WHAT IS THIS
Set in the early Joseon Dynasty, a group led by a female pirate and another group led by a male bandit are on a mission to hunt down a whale that swallowed the royal seal bestowed on Joseon from China.